Welcome to the Animal Hospital of Sussex County. We’re here to serve you and your pets, small and large, every day. Stop by our office and meet us and you will see why we’re called Caring Vets, because the difference is in the caring!
New Services & Technology
We have new services and technology to provide the absolute best in veterinary medical care for your pet.
- Companion PRP & Stem Cell procedures
- Tonovet eye pressure testing that removes the need for topical corneal anesthetic
- ICU unit by Lyons technology based out of San Diego California that includes sealed oxygen up to 80% level while reducing CO2; supplies heat, cold, and nebulizes antibiotics when needed
- On site Abaxis Chemistry, CBC and Istat blood gases
- Brymill Cryosurgery
Some of Our Key Benefits
- Full-Service Medicine, Surgery & Dentistry
- All Technicians are Certified
- Experienced Doctors: On Call Nights & Weekends
- All Pets are Welcome: Cats, Dogs, Rabbits, Birds & Exotics
- Equine Practice
- Open 7 days a week
- Centrally located in Sussex County, NJ
Visit our Animal Hospital and see the facility that brings a “State of the Art” veterinary hospital to Sussex County. Tours are welcome.
AAHA: The Animal Hospital of Sussex County is a certified hospital in the American Animal Hospital Association (AAHA). To achieve this distinction, our hospital has passed regular comprehensive inspections of our facilities, medical equipment, veterinary practice methods and management. If you are traveling or relocating anywhere, finding an AAHA hospital will ensure the best medical care for your pet. The AAHA is recognized as the world’s leading association of small animal practitioners.
AAFP: We are also a cat friendly practice, certified by the American Association of Feline Practitioners. This means that the Animal Hospital of Sussex County is specifically set up to decrease stress and provide a more calming environment for your cat. Our staff has also been trained in feline-friendly handling and understanding cat behavior in order to increase the quality of care for your cat.
The Hospital is centrally located in Augusta, the “hub” of Sussex County, New Jersey, equidistant to all of the major towns including the county seat, Newton, NJ. The facility is set back from highway 206 on a spacious three acre lot filled with towering maple trees, a stream and a large lawn. Often, our clients walk their animals along the woodlands and on the grassy meadow behind the clinic.
HOUSE CALLS: For those clients who cannot visit our facility due to handling of their large pets, great number of pets, or debilitating condition, our doctors will be happy to make house calls. A fully equipped (ultrasound, portable x-ray, endoscope) Land Rover is available. Our mobile services are offered at your convenience. Additionally, for the saddest of times, we offer at home euthanasia for the comfort and dignity of your beloved pet.